The busiest summer ever has begun.

 

The busiest summer ever has begun.

Sold out Summer events:

  • Advanced Beach 2 boys Monday and Wednesday
  • NexGen Setter Development
  • Advanced Beach 2 Girls Monday and Wednesday
  • Basic Beach 2s Training Tuesday and Thursday Group 1
  • June Jump Training 6:30-7:30 
  • Basic Beach 2s Training Tuesday and Thursday Group 2
  • Age 11-13 Volleyball Camp Outdoor
  • Private lesson July 12, 2-3 pm
  • Making the Cut Junior High School Team Group 1
  • Making the Cut High School Senior team

Summer events with Space:

  • Advanced and Basic Beach 2's July and August Only Monday and Wednesday
  • Private lessons
  • July Jump Training
  • SMLW Outdoor Camp
  • August Jump Training
  • Making the Cut Elementary School Team
  • Making the Cut Junior High School team group 2
Find your Spot

The reason why we are so busy!


Anyone who cannot figure out why the academy is so busy has never looked at the awesome level of coaches we employ.  

For example, check out the Setter, Middle, Libero and Wing HItter camp coaches

Toako Chie Imamura
Setter Coach
Chie as a player in 1990 played in the Asian Junior Women’s Volleyball Championship and won gold. She was awarded the best setter award. In 1991 she played in Women’s U20 World Championship and won bronze. She was awarded the best setter award. In 1990 and 1994 she played for the University of Tsukaba Women’s Volleyball Team. Tsukaba University was one of the top teams in Japan. In 1987 the Tsukaba University came to Saskatoon to play against the University of Saskatchewan and again in 1990 and Chie came with them. In 1994 Chie came to Saskatoon to be an assistant coach at the University of Saskatchewan. Since then, she has coached Club volleyball, High school volleyball, and Community volleyball and done individual practice in the province. By many, she is considered to be one of the best setter coaches in the province.
Crystal Torgunrud
Middle coach
Crystal played four years of volleyball as a middle blocker and power hitter with
the University of Saskatchewan. During this time she was a Canada West
Conference All-Star for 3 years, an All-Canadian for two years and was voted Player of the Year for Canada West in her final year. Crystal also played years of Senior Women’s and Co-Ed volleyball, where she won a national championship. She played on the Canadian Pro Beach (2’s) Tour for two years.

Crystal has coached off and on for the past 30 years and enjoys sharing her
knowledge of, and passion for, volleyball with those who are learning or mastering the skills of the game. She has coached in the provincial women’s program, at the high school level, and has experience as an independent volleyball clinician during summer throughout Saskatchewan, Alberta and the United States.
Shae Beaulieu
Libero Coach
As a player, I was a member of Team Sask for 4 consecutive years. As a libero, I played my entire USPORT career for the University of Saskatchewan Huskies from 2016-2022. I leave the program being second in career digs. I was academic all-Canadian multiple times throughout my student-athlete career. 

In terms of coaching, I have helped with several rural and urban camps. I have been involved in coaching ever since my first year of university and have helped with camps at Duck Lake, Humbolt, Caronport, & Bruno. I have also been an active coach within the Huskie Volleyball club, coaching at Huskie volleyball summer camps and was an assistant coach for the Huskie 15U team in 2018.
Leanne McGettigan
Wing Hitter Coach
As a player, Leanne competed at the provincial, university and national level. Her tenure with the Saskatchewan provincial team included 2 trips to Canada Games, a gold medal win in 1989 as well as a National title in 1988. In the summer of 1990, Leanne was also selected to play for Canada’s National B team. Leanne went on to play for the University of Saskatchewan for 3 years winning 2 conference titles, a silver medal at Nationals as well as individual all Canadian awards. Leanne finished her eligibility with the University of British Columbia earning a place on the all Canadian team. During this time Leanne completed a Masters in Human Kinetics specializing in Coaching science as well as graduating from the National Coaching Institute in Victoria with NCCP Level 4.
As a coach, Leanne has been involved with a number of developmental camps, elite level camps, provincial teams as well as assistant coaching with the University of British Columbia and the University of Saskatchewan including being mentored by some of the top coaches in Canada.
And if that does not convince you check out our Jump Training Coach.
Tamille Schuler
Jump Training Coach
At a fairly young age, I discovered the transformational power of fitness.  We have little control over which genes we are given, however, fitness can be a catalyst for change, helping us to embrace the genes we have (or don’t have) to become the best versions of ourselves. Are you short? We can work on strength so you can reach as high as your taller opponent. Tall? Let’s maximize your agility to move quickly across the court, making you more effective both in the front and back row. Feeling strong and driven is fiercely empowering.

Sport and fitness have always been a big part of my life. I played multiple sports at a high level. Competitive swimming taught me about endurance and commitment. Alpine skiing led me to become a ski instructor where I learned how contagious passion can be. Playing volleyball in college, I learned the true power of determination & attitude. Focusing on the things in my control - fitness, effort and desire to learn, I was able to help our team achieve many successes and was awarded “Most Improved Player” two years in a row.  

After college, I discovered my love for leading group fitness classes. It provided me with the social aspect and community that I valued (& missed) in team sports. I also enjoyed helping others to feel stronger, fitter and more powerful all while maintaining my own fitness levels. 

Now that I am a Mom, my focus has slightly shifted. I recently completed my NCCP coach training in volleyball.  Here, I discovered a new interest in sports performance. Learning about mental toughness and a positive mindset & how to combine that with physical fitness has become my new passion. 

My aim is to coach, support, inspire and energize athletes. My favourite mentor, Rachael Newsham, says, “embracing and overcoming challenges gives you an incredible boost of self-esteem.”  I hope to help young athletes discover the value of this for themselves.
The coaches above are five great reasons you should reserve your spots at the academy soon.
Reserve your Spot

Comments

The Most Popular Post