Newsletter Volume 5 Issue 10

 

The Weekly Newsletter

Are we having fun Yet!!!!

This past week was so enjoyable for me as a coach.  A lot of the athletes are working on their 2-4 months of training and we are seeing such an improvement.  The most shocking part for me as the coach is how much fun I am having while doing the Jump training.  I am using the stuff from my first two degrees (Physical Education).  A fun mixture of weights, physical tools, electronics, and lots of communication is starting to see some great improvement.


The month of March was strange as we filled some sessions and then had people locked down due to their exposure to others who had COVID.  The result is session numbers changing from week to week.  The solution is to alter the cost to register almost daily.  Hence you will see the cost for the sessions changing.
 
This has created a situation that is new and that is the opportunity for athletes to try the School Day Academy, Jump Training Sessions, and the Artist Elite Academy session without having to sign up for a whole month.

We are looking to start the Basketball Elite Academy sessions.  We would like to run a School Day Academy for April.   It will be a twice-a-week session with Game days on Fridays.  We have approached our stable of Basketball Coaches to see if anyone is available to teach these sessions.  If anyone knows of a senior coach who would be interested in doing the twice-a-week one-hour session in April, get them to contact me.

My art classes are interesting for me as it is one of my passions and the number of face-to-face artists who join us during the weekly Thursday is limited but we do stream the session on YouTube and Facebook and have anywhere from 40 to 400 viewers.  I am hoping the number of face-to-face artists increase so we can continue offering this aspect of these sessions.  We do offer the opportunity for people to sign up for a single session or a whole month.  Hope to see you soon virtual or physically in our studio.




Two of our four Beach sessions are sold out and only 6 spots left in the Advanced and more space in the Basic which tells me we have a lot of returning athletes to our sessions.
Although the summer camp sessions are a long way off we do have some people registering already and we look forward to having another successful batch of camps this summer.

Our Merchandise has been taken over by Jessica Leith as Darren Cannell is not very good at it and we would like to welcome Jessica’s expertise and energy to the job.  The first item we are introducing is the Jump Survivor series.  Anyone who has taken and survived the Month long jump training is welcome to purchase one of these.  We do not mail out products you can just pick them up at your next session.  We look forward to the ideas and shirts Jessica will bring to the job.  If you have any ideas or comments send them my way and I will forward them to the new Merchandise lady.


"If kids are always looking to their parents for approval, they're not competing and they're not having fun — they're working on pleasing their parents instead.
I don't want my kids to please me. I want them to please themselves. Sitting in the stands and after the game, my job as a parent is to let my kids know that I believe in them no matter how they perform." - Joe Girardi


Comments

The Most Popular Post