Volleyball Captions For Instagram

Inspirational Volleyball Quotes

  •  A lot of people had doubts. I tried to tell people I never had doubts.
  • Misty May-Traeanor, after an Olympic victory
  •  I grew up on the beach and played side-out scoring all my life, but rally scoring is better for our sport. There is pressure on every play. You can’t make a mistake, but that also means your opponent can’t make a mistake. It makes the matches more exciting to watch.
  • Holly McPeak
  • Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence.
  • Vince Lombardi
  •  You touch every other ball and, if you screw up, you only have one more person to back you up. You can’t go hide in the corner.
  • Kerri Walsh
  •  We don’t have a World Series or a Super Bowl, so to be able to come home with a gold medal is amazing. I want to do it again in four more years.
  • Kerri Walsh
  • Don’t ever let the ball hit the ground without a body hitting the ground with it.
  • Unknown
  • Take your victories, whatever they may be, cherish them, use them, but don’t settle for them.
  • Mia Hamm
  •  Don’t measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should have accomplished with your ability.
  • John Wooden
  •  Whoever said, “It’s not whether you win or lose that counts,” probably lost.
  • Martina Navratilova
  •  Champions keep playing until they get it right.
  • Billie Jean King

Motivational Sayings

  •  A great defensive play is worth about five points in emotion.
  • Caren Kemner
  •  Don’t fire your opponents up. If they’re down, don’t tick them off. Let them stay down.
  • Sinjin Smith
  • If you want to stay fit, surround yourself with a couple of chicks who are fired up, so that the one day you’re not, you can feed off their energy.
  • Gabrielle Reece
  • Volleyball is the sport through which I am able to express my God-given talents of being an athlete. It is a sport which involves relating, pushing, and encouraging your teammates. It has helped evolve me into the person I am today.

David Beard

Inspiring

  • The best passing drill is pass-set-hit. The best setting drill is pass-set-hit. And, the best hitting drill is pass-set-hit. Anything less than a game situation, unless very well planned, has the possibility of introducing artificial situations, and complete transfer to the game might not occur when drills are constructed in this manner.
  • Marv Dunphy
  •  Anyone serious about playing indoor, you should play outdoor.
  • Sean Scott
  • Volleyball is one of the most interactive games going. It is a game of intuition, imagination, improvisation – but most of all, of reciprocity – of teamwork. There is no way to freelance in volleyball.
  • Marv Dunphy
  • To be true to one’s self is the ultimate test in life. To have the courage and sensitivity to follow your hidden dreams and stand tall against the odds that are bound to fall in your path. Life is too short and precious to be dealt with in any other fashion.
  • Flo Hyman
  • Volleyball rules are simple. If it is on the floor, pick it up and get it into the air. If it is in the air, keep it off the floor.
  • John Kessel

Gabrielle Reece

  • I didn’t get into this to pick up a new hobby, I don’t want to be a golfer. I want to be the best.
  •  Stay calm and aggressive.
  •  It’s sort of like, our bodies are designed to keep moving, and when we don’t move it, we’re not going to feel great.
  •  I think any time people behave in a way that’s truly them, then they never fail. You get in trouble when you try to copy others.

Misty May-Treanor Volleyball Quotes

From Misty: Digging Deep in Volleyball and Life
  • We’d shared a once-in-a-lifetime experience over the past eight years, and we’d be forever joined. Sisters. Friends. Teammates. Business partners. Trailblazers. (On teammate Kerri Walsh.)
  •  There are a lot of people out there who would love to trade spots, so I have nothing to complain about. but we are spread pretty thin. People don’t see that. Sometimes they thin we just come here and play volleyball.
  •  In the beach volleyball world, every major decision goes through Karch. He is the Obi-Wan Kenobi of the sport, the Jedi Master of the sand, reminiscent of the wise, exalted character in the Star Wars universe who teaches Luke Skywalker the ways of the Force. He’s all-knowing, all-seeing.
  • Was I the only person who wasn’t exhausted after the gold medal match? Was I the only one who wasn’t blubbering away? Sheesh. For once, I bet I was more amped up than Kerri.
  •  I was flying high, floating on a cloud, living life at 310 percent, with an angel on my right shoulder.
  • …Olympic gold medals aren’t about the awards; instead, they’re all about the rewards. I want to spend the rest of my time on earth experiencing the gifts of my Olympic gold medals, connecting and building relationships with others, and sharing and expanding upon their strength, power, beauty, and majesty.

William G. Morgan

  •  In search of an appropriate game, tennis occurred to me, but this required rackets, balls, a net and other equipment, so it was eliminated, but the idea of a net seemed a good one. We raised it to a height of about 6 feet, 6 inches (1.98 metres) from the ground, just above the head of an average man.
  •  …content in the knowledge that the game brought a richer life to millions of people throughout the world.
  •  We needed a ball and among those we tried was a basketball bladder, but this was too light and too slow. We therefore tried the basketball itself, which was too big and too heavy.

Wilt Chamberlain Volleyball Quotes

  •  I assume that most people know that I’m a volleyballer of some renown. In fact, for a long time, volleyball became as big a part of my life as basketball once was.
  •  Everything is habit forming, so make sure what you do is what you want to be doing. (A View from Above)
  •  I believe that good things come to those who work.
  • Nobody roots for Goliath.
  •  The man who won’t loan money isn’t going to have many friends – or need them.
  •  I started playing volleyball very late in my athletic career, around the age thirty-three or thirty-four, but I became quite proficient.
  •  It’s a highly skilled and very fast-paced game.
  •  Being able to hold my own against the best in the world, on the beach or indoors, is something I’m very proud of.
  •  They say that nobody is perfect. Then they tell you practice makes perfect. I wish they’d make up their minds.
  • Our volleyball game is tighter than our spandex.
  • Volleyball: Invented by men; perfected by women.
  •  Volleyball is my passion and style is my fashion.
  • Meet me at the net.
  • You have to want it.
  • Prepare to be stuffed.
  • The Block Party is just beginning.
  • Court is in session.
  • Defend until the end.
  • I play volleyball; what’s your superpower?
  • Pass the expectations, set the standards, and kill the competition.
  • Volleyball takes more than just believing.
  • When the ball is in play, there’s always a better place to be than where you are.
  • Volleyball: Can you dig it?

Comments

The Most Popular Post